Senior Brand Designer (Freelance / Fixed-term contract)
We’re looking for a senior brand designer to work with us, initially on a project basis but with a view to developing a long-term relationship. We are driven by strategic thinking and creativity, and a collective passion for building beautiful, original and compelling brands that transform and differentiate purpose-led organisations who are making a positive difference to the world around us. Many of our clients are in the not-for-profit, charity, education, culture and healthcare sectors.
We are looking for a highly experienced and talented brand designer, able to translate strategy into a brand and brand experience, and build it from the ground up. That includes logos, identity, typography, guidelines and how the brand idea is expressed at every touchpoint.
You’ll be a creative, organised thinker with a passion for audiences, understanding they sit at the heart of every brand.
You will bring original, innovative thinking to every project, and you understand the discipline and rigour that needs to be brought to the proofing, definition and execution of a brand that is fundamental to ensuring its success. And as well as exciting creative ideas, you’ll have a talent for building and presenting cohesive, engaging proposals with a clear narrative, structure and pace.
You will be a creative, organised thinker with:
- In-depth knowledge of branding principles.
- A passion for typography.
- Very high standards of brand execution, with particular emphasis on creating distinct and highly differentiated brands.
- Excellent communication skills that engage clients and colleagues.
- The ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with creative directors, designers and copywriters, towards a shared end goal.
- 3+ years agency or freelance experience
- Experience of creating and delivering high profile, strategy-led brands.
- Portfolio of real-world, large-scale branding projects.
Day-rate or project-rate. Negotiable.
Please send CV with covering note and a pdf or link to a portfolio of branding projects