Front End Developer (Contract)
If you're a skilled Front End Developer looking to work on exciting, creative WordPress and Shopify projects, working with newest technologies and languages, we'd love to hear from you.
You’ll play a key role in our digital team delivering on exciting upcoming projects for our purpose-led clients, working closely with our development and design leads, as well as project director and manager.
You will be passionate about digital development and confident in your ability to code pixel perfect interfaces from Figma, following best practice and optimising server load. Transforming great ideas into exceptional digital experiences.
3-5 years experience. Portfolio of real world projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work with and coordinate other developers and designers
- Able to work on consultative basis with clients
- Solid understanding of responsive front end development
- Great attention to detail
- HTML5 – Semantic Markup
- SASS – CSS3, CSS – Animations and transitions
- Developing cross-browser compatible solutions
- Understanding of Restful API design
- Task Runners (Gulp or Grunt) and module bundlers (Webpack)
- Experience with React
- Experience with version control tools, such as Git
- Understanding of performance tools and page speed metrics
- Experience with WordPress, WordPress templates
- Experience with static-site generators like Gatsby.
- Ideally experience with Shopify, though not essential.
- Relevant degree or qualification
- Experience with Twig
- Atomic Design
- UI/UX Skills
- Design background
- Web typography
- Adobe CS
- Visual Studio Code, Atom, Vim or equivalent
- Terminal (ssh, npm, etc.)
- Framer JS or equivalent
About Design Culture
We are currently working from home, but planning to take a hybrid approach with a mix of remote and studio working. The DC studio is a relaxed, bright and airy space just off the Clerkenwell Road in London and two minutes walk from Farringdon Station. We also offer flexible working hours, generous holiday, pension scheme and competitive salary.
Initially 3/6 month contract