Front End Developer
If you're a skilled Front End Developer looking to work on exciting, creative WordPress projects and working with the newest technologies and languages, we'd love to hear from you.
You’ll play a key role in our small but perfectly formed digital team. You’ll be delivering on exciting upcoming projects for our purpose-led clients, working closely with our development and design leads, as well as a project director and project manager on every project.
You will be passionate about digital development and confident in your ability to code pixel-perfect interfaces from Figma, following best practice and optimising server load. Transforming great ideas into exceptional digital experiences.
3-5 years experience. Portfolio of real world projects.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for a talented and enthusiastic front-end developer to build beautiful, high-performing WordPress websites for purpose-led brands. We are looking for a detail-oriented person with a passion for developing great user interfaces and experiences – that can help shape, build and test websites.
And because we’re a small team, we’re looking for someone who understands we also have a need to support, service and maintain the websites we host for our clients month to month, as this forms part of the role as well.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work with and coordinate other developers and designers
- Able to work on consultative basis with clients
- Solid understanding of responsive front end development
- Ability to apply best-practice, modular development
- Great attention to detail
- HTML5 – Semantic Markup
- CSS3 – Animations and transitions
- CSS Preprocessors SASS (SCSS)
- Developing cross-browser compatible solutions
- Understanding of RESTful API design
- Knowledge of front end build tools and package managers (NPM, Yarn, Webpack, Gulp)
- Task Runners (Gulp or Grunt) and module bundlers (Webpack)
- Fluency with Git version control
- Ability to understand and work with third-party APIs.
- Understanding of performance tools and page speed metrics
- Experience with PHP based back ends
- Experience with WordPress
- Experience diagnosing and debugging errors on the front and back-end
- Relevant degree or qualification
- Experience with Twig templating language
- Atomic Design
- UI/UX Skills
- Design background
- Web typography
- Experience with Shopify, though not essential.
- Experience with static-site generators like Gatsby
- Knowledge of BEM
- Knowledge of Gitflow
- Knowledge of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- Adobe CS
- Visual Studio Code, Atom, Vim or equivalent
- Terminal (ssh, npm, etc.)
Working at Design Culture
It’s important to us to have time together as a team, so you’ll be expected to work two days a week from our central London office, but will be able to work from home for the other three days should you wish to.
The DC studio is a relaxed, bright and airy space just off the Clerkenwell Road in London and two minutes walk from Farringdon Station. We also offer flexible working hours, generous holiday, pension scheme and competitive salary.