New Business & Marketing
Design Culture is looking for a New Business & Marketing talent to join our team.
We are looking for a talented, intelligent and enthusiastic New Business & Marketing talent to join our team.
This will most likely be your first or second job role since graduating.
You will be instrumental in shaping our future client base – specifically growing and developing the number of high value clients in our specialist sectors of healthcare, education, culture and charity/social.
You will need to be quick to understand us as an agency and get to grips with our client work to be able to talk knowledgeably and use that information effectively to market us to our target audiences and win new business opportunities.
Key responsibilities and activities
You will be interacting with a wide range of prospective clients on a daily basis, talking them through our creative service offer, working practices and experience in order to win new business; and working with the Directors to create and deliver strategic business development and marketing plans.
While much of your day to day activity will be telephone based speaking to new and prospective clients you will be:
– researching and qualifying new business contacts, growing and maintaining our client contact database
– identifying tender opportunities; writing and submitting tender responses
– assisting in pitch preparation, working with the creative team to ensure credentials and visual assets are relevant and up to date.
You will also have a marketing role to raise Design Culture’s profile to reach its target audiences:
– creating compelling content, messaging, articles, campaigns, responses
– writing and sending out marketing messages/newsletters
– using social media to drive interest and start relationships
– writing news for the website and contacting press.
Necessary qualifications, experience and skills:
- Degree level qualification of 2:1 or above
Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a passion for writing engaging, creative content.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to build trust and respect both externally and internally
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Highly motivated, methodical, with a good eye for detail, driven to succeed
- Flexibility and team focused, non-hierarchical approach with a ‘roll up your sleeves’ attitude to getting the job done; and
- An interest in creative brand and digital work.
- Professional experience in a communications or creative agency
- Digital sales and marketing experience
- Experience of using a CRM to manage the sales pipeline