Project Manager – Design, Digital & Brand
Design Culture is looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our team.
Design Culture is looking for a Project Manager with proven experience in delivering design, digital and brand projects to join us and play a key role in our business.
As project manager you will provide the day to day communications bridge between our clients, designers and developers. You will manage design, digital and brand projects through the studio to exceed our clients expectations in terms of quality and success, delivering on time and to budget. You’ll be working on a number of projects at any one time, some with long schedules and others that are quick turnaround.
You will be extremely well organised, confident, professional, articulate and energetic. You will have a genuine interest in design and digital and the role they play in how we communicate with one another. You’ll be knowledgeable, creative, practical and personable – a quick thinker, diplomatic negotiator and problem solver.
You will need to demonstrate your attention to detail across all areas of project management – agreeing the scope of work, ensuring financial accuracy when managing budgets, developing schedules and ensuring the creative and development teams deliver to both the brief and the deadline.
You’ll be able to articulate your views and be able to recognise what’s important to achieve a successful outcome. You will need to empathise with both clients and the studio team through more challenging situations.
You’ll work under your own initiative much of the time but be supported by and report to the two Directors. This is an exciting and diverse role, and a real opportunity for the right person to shape the role to be their own and make a big difference to the studio.
You will preferably have experience of a project management role in a similar agency.
- Negotiate, establish and manage project budgets and schedules
- Obtain necessary input from client during process
- Respond to client enquiries providing reasoned responses, options and timelines.
- Form close client relationships and spot opportunities and risks
- Communicate with client and internal team at regular intervals
- Provide client perspective to internal team, communicate team perspective robustly to clients
- Manage project milestones
- Manage studio resources
- Liaise with the directors, studio manager and creative team
- Highly organised, proactive and methodical with excellent attention to detail
- Experience, understanding and interest in the creative process
- Experience in managing delivery of new websites preferred
- Ability to manage and prioritise a high number of concurrent projects/tasks
- Clear thinking under pressure
- Numeric and financial accuracy
- Highly personable and professional
- Exceptional written and verbal skills
- Excellent social and networking skills
- Positive attitude and energetic approach to working in a team
- IT Literate. Good Microsoft Office skills, knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Invision, Sketch and WordPress would be useful.